Sage 50 is an Accounting Software for small and medium business to take care of their accounts with many different features. Sometimes Sage 50 faces a few errors which is nothing to worry about. If there are causes to a certain issue, there is also a solution. In this Article we will discussed “Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working” Error.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working
Error: “The Sage 50 Connection Manager is installed but it isn’t running on the computer where you store your data”
Causes for Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working
The Cause for The Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working is because the Sage 50 Connection Manager is not running on the Computer that Stores the Data.
Read More Below:
- The Connection Manager Service is Disabled in the Windows Service Settings
- The Connection Manager is running server but not installed
- Not all installation on the computer has been upgraded on the computer that contains the data
- Windows is Pending An Update
- The Computer’s file sharing and security settings are corrupted
- The Programs Installation is not Completed
- The Service Fails to start the backup or disabled
Solution for Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working
The Solution To Sage 50 Connection Manager not Working is To start the Connection Manager Service using the Control Panel.
Read More Below in Detail:
Option 1: Start the Sage 50 Connection Manager using the icon in the System Tray
- The Sage 50 Connection Manager icon in the System tray, found in the lower right corner of your desktop by the clock
- If the data data is hosted on a server, follow the steps on the server:
- From Windows Explorer go to C:\Program Files (x86)\winsim\ConnectionManager if not found
- Double click on the Simply.SystemTrayIcon.exe file.
- Select Start Service If the status shows as “Running: No”
- Select Stop Service, then Start Service If the status shows as “Running: Yes”
- Do an Installation Repair or Uninstall then Reinstall Sage 50 If the button for starting/stopping the service is missing
Option 2: Start the Connection Manager Service using the Control Panel
- Open Windows Control Panel and Change the View by: To Large Icons or Small Icons on the right top corner of the windows
- Choose Administrative Tools and Select Services
- if the Startup Type column is on Disabled, Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start), Locate Sage 50 Database Connection Manager.
- If it is on Disabled: Choose Properties by Right Clicking on Sage 50 Database Connection Manager
- Change the Startup type to Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start), In the General tab
- Choose Apply then Click on Start to start the service and try to open database
The Service Status is “Starting” (as opposed to be Started), If it is on Automatic or Automatic (Delayed Start)
- Sage 50 should be closed
- To Access the Task (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and click on Processes tab
- Choose the “Show processes from all users” button
- End all related Sage 50 processes, the “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager”.
- right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and select Start, In the Services window,
- Service Status should now be “Started” (or “Running”).
- Open your Sage 50 file again
Option 3: The data file is in My Documents (or Documents)
- In the root of the C: Drive Create a new folder
- For each company move the data file to its new location
- The Computer Technician has to set a new shared network folder using this folder, If the data is also shared with other computers
- The data file has to be opened from the new folder
Once you have covered each of the above steps, verify again if you are serialized with the Sage 50 Connection Manager error. Live chat with our Sage experts if you are facing the same error again.