Sage is a well known accounting software which is renowned as the most popular software, especially for growing and medium size business houses.
Sage 50 Error 1606 is an Error that occurs when the user installs Microsoft Program or Software in the System. Uninstall the Current Version of the Sage 50 Accounting Software and Re-Download the Software again to Solve Sage 50 Error 1606.
Sage Error 1606: Could not access Network Location. INVALID
|Network & Location
|Due to real threat of corrupted file entries or it can be due to multiple reasons which are responsible for this error.
|Damaged and corrupted windows system files.
|Download the old version of Sage, when the windows file is open don’t click on proceed.
What is the Sage Error 1606?
When system is showing an error regarding install-shield Scripting run-time , then it is called as Sage Error 1606.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Error 1606
Sage Error 1606: Could not access Network Location. INVALID
Sage Error 1606 Taxation Error: Sage Error 1606 uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server
What Are The Causes of Sage Error 1606?
Sage 50 Error 1606 is caused because of damaged or corrupt windows file or even improper deletion of application. The Files can be corrupted unknowingly by the user.
For more information read below in detail:
- Damaged and corrupted windows system files.
- Due to real threat of corrupted file entries or it can be due to multiple reasons which are responsible for this error.
- During installation or incomplete installation, the error can occur.
- Hardware and application, improper deletion.
- Due to an attack of spy-ware/ad-ware or virus. Sometimes, it may be due to improper shutdown of the system.
- Due to this corruption, the system can be affected due to this error.
- One more reason may be due to wrong and missing linked information and file requirements.
How to Fix Sage Error 1606?
To Solve Sage 50 Error 1606 download the old version of Sage, when the windows file is open don’t click on proceed.
Read more in detail below:
To resolve the sage error 1606, You need to follow mentioned below steps accordingly:
Manual update is required for Advanced Computer User Solution
Total Time: 8 minutes
The user needs to start their system and as an administrative log in to the system.
Go to the start and select All programs>Accessories>System Tools>Click>system restoration.
After completing this task, the user needs to go in the new window and click on Restore my computer to an earlier time. After finishing this, click on Next.
In the list, there will be an option with the name of Most recent computer restore point from the lists.
Select Next and again select Next on the confirmation window. After following these steps, the user needs to restart the computer. Again restore the computer.
Alternate Method to Fix The Sage Error 1606
The customer can download the repair kit online to resolve the error.
Follow the mentioned below steps:
- Install this repair kit on the system and follow the steps.
- Install the program and select Scan
- After completing the scan process, go to Click.
- At the end of the steps, restart the computer.
1. Verify administrator access
You need to use an admin user account in order to let Sage 50 access the network location. If your user account lacks this essential privilege, then you can get in touch with your IT administrator to get the error fixed.
Steps to fix Sage error 1606 by verifying administrator access:
- Press Windows + R.
- Input Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Choose View By option to open the drop down menu.
- Choose Large icons.
- Click on User Accounts.
- Select Manage User Accounts.
- Verify that against your user name, Administrator is mentioned in the Group Column.
If the administrator isn’t mentioned, then you’re using a standard user account. So windows is preventing Sage 50 from accessing network settings that require an admin account. You should log into an admin account to fix Sage 50 error 1606.
2. Disable Firewall Temporarily
By disabling Windows Firewall temporarily, you can effectively troubleshoot Sage 50 error 1606. If Firewall is interfering with the network connection, then disabling it will provide you the chance to figure out the underlying cause of the error.
Temporarily turn off windows firewall and other security programs:
- Go to the start menu, then settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Choose Firewall & Network Protection.
- Choose among the following three options:
- Domain network
- Private network
- Public network
- Go to Microsoft Defender Firewall and Click on Off.
- Try to open the Sage 50 company file that you get the error with.
- Follow the aforementioned steps once again and turn the windows firewall on.
And if you’re using a secondary IP address to open your company file, then switch to the primary email address so that no conflicts occur when Sage 50 tries to access the data file on the server computer.
Steps to open company file with primary IP address of your system:
- Double click on Sage 50 icon.
- Click on Open an Existing Company.
- Type the filename as the IP Address of the server computer storing the company file.
- Browse and select the Company File.
- Click on Open to launch the company file.
Lastly, change the network profile of windows. Switching to a Private profile makes sure that Windows doesn’t view the network connection as a threat. So Sage 50 will be able to access the network connection without any interruptions.
Steps to change the network profile of windows to private:
- Right-click on the WiFi or Ethernet icon in the Service Tray on the taskbar.
- Click on Network and Internet settings.
- Change both Network Profile and Network Location to Private.
- Repeat these steps on both the workstation and the server computer.
You may successfully fix Sage 50 problem 1606 by momentarily removing Windows Firewall. Disabling the Firewall will give you the chance to identify the error’s primary source if it is obstructing the network connection. To avoid problems when Sage 50 tries to access the data file on the server computer, switch to the primary email address if you’re opening your company file using a secondary IP address.
Is there a tool that configures windows firewall for Sage 50?
Not at all, no. When you install Sage 50 for the first time on your PC, the installer can, however, setup the firewall for you. Run the Sage 50 installation one again to set up the connection manager on your computer. Mark the choice to automatically build the firewall for Sage 50 while establishing the setup.
Does creating firewall rules in windows create security risk
Not at all, no. Firewalls are not turned off, nor are all of your system’s programmes given exceptions. You’re only making rules for Sage 50 and its associated files. There are no security issues from new firewall rules for Sage 50 because Sage 50 is a safe programme and you will only use it to connect to online Sage services and server machines hosting the corporate file.
Am I getting the Sage 50 network issues because of internet issues?
Before you start with any of the troubleshooting procedures or solutions, you should verify your internet connection. Contact your internet service provider for further details if your internet connection isn’t functioning.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with Sage Technical Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using SAGE Peachtree (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following Sage (50, 100, 200, Payroll, Peachtree, Cloud, 3X, Impact, HRMS, CRM, ERP, One & Fixed Assets) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support