Sometimes, while operating on your Sage 50 software, a user may get an error message that displays “Unable to determine Security Privileges”. Please try later. This is assumable due to temporarily blocking access to important files by another user. This Sage 50 error mostly comes when your system closes down suddenly, or this error is caused by damaged .dat files. It has nothing to do with the user security or rights issues of any other user. To Fix the Sage 50 “Unable to determine Security Privileges” clean out the company files and repair the program.
Sage 50 Not Loading Problem – How to Solve?
How does the user see the error?
“Unable to determine security privileges. Please try again later. This is assumably due to temporarily blocking access to important files by another user.” Not able to open file
|Error Code:||Unable to determine security privileges||Developer:||Sage Group|
|Error Description:||Sage 50 Unable to determine security privileges Issue||Software:||Sage 50|
|Cause:||Unable to determine security privileges. Please try later. This is assumable due to temporarily blocking access to important files by another user.||Applies to:||Windows|
|Symptom:||damaged .dat files, system shutdown suddenly||Possible Solution:||Clean up the Company folder, Repair Program|
What can be Cause of Sage 50 Unable to determine Security Privileges issue
Here below are some of the reasons that a user faces when he gets Sage 50 unable to determine security privileges issue.
- A user is in maintenance, company data
- The US version has been unusually terminated
- Company folder damaged during the restore
- Comprehensive is stuck/damaged
- Attempting to open a company that is on an external media device
- The workstation is failing connection to the company file.
- Workstation lockup or restart while Sage 50 was running.
- Network problems that break the connection to open the database.
- Power failed while operating Sage 50 Accounting.
- It’s not a damaged program issue it’s a data file issue.
How to fix Sage 50 unable to determine Security Privileges Issue?
Not all solutions may be related to your situation. Pay attention to the steps starting with Solution 1 and continue with each step until the problem is resolved.
Solution 1: Open company file on an external media device
If you’re opening the company file to an external device, you’ll require to drag the company file to the internal hard drive and then try to open it one more time.
Solution 2: Turn off company information
If the Company information is shut down on the other workstation, this Sage 50 “Unable to determine Security Privileges” issue can be solved.
Read Below to Know how to turn off the company window:
- The error may occur when attempting to open the Company on one workstation while the Company Information window is opened in another workstation.
- Shut the Company data window on the other workstation, and then try again.
Solution 3: Restart the Server or Pervasive Service on the Messaging Machine
Sage 50 Unable to determine security privileges can be resolved by Restart the Server or Pervasive Service on the Messaging Machine, doing so, follow the steps below.
- Confirm that everyone is excited about Sage 50
- On the server, Tap Windows + R
- Write services.msc and hit enter
- Search the Comprehensive PSQL Workgroup Search Engine Service
- Stop service
- When it stops, start the service again
- Now, check to see if you can fetch the company
Solution 4: Restart all computers including the server
Sage 50 Unable to determine security privileges can be resolved by Restart all computers including the server, doing so, follow the steps below.
- It is a network climate, confirm that all users are logged out of Sage 50
- Restart all workstations and the server
- Now, log in a user to the company; then login another user
Solution 5: Clean up the Company folder
Sage 50 Unable to determine security privileges can be resolved by Cleaning up the Company folder, to doing so, follow the steps below.
- Browse to your company’s data folder.
- Clean your company folder by deleting the following files:
- All files of type DATtemp
- All files of type DATptl
- All files of type DDF
- All files of type LCK
- All files of type MKD
- All files of type PTL
- All file
- Examine to see if you can now get the company file
Solution 6: Repair Program
The Easiest Solution to Fix the Sage 50 Unable to determine Security Privileges Error is to Run a Repair of the Software and Delete all unnecessary files. Given below are the points on how to perform the Repair.
- Delete all files and folders except their Personal Company Data folder (note: you can make a folder on the desktop or in the sage folder to keep these files and folders)
- Run repair on the program
- Confirm that you do not get any errors during the repair. If you get a Windows Firewall message, you may require making sure Pervasive and Sage 50 are set to allow via the firewall.
Solution 7: Restore a company backup to new company
Prior to reestablishing a Backup, consistently check that it is the right backup, and that it is being reestablished to the right organization. Assuming your information is overwritten by reestablishing a backup, the best way to recuperate it is to reestablish another backup. Read Below to know how to perform a backup
- Select File, Then Choose the Restore option
- Select Browse, Choose the desired backup, and then click Open
- Select Next
- Select the desired restore method:
- Overwrite existing company data or An Existing Company
- Using the restored data, create a new company or A New Company
Important: Select this option if you wish to restore the backup to a new folder. Doing so will not overwrite your existing data.
- Select Next
- Select the desired restore options:
- Company Data
- Customized Forms
- Web Transactions
- Intelligence Reporting Reports or Business Intelligence Reports
- Select Next
- Verify the restore options, and then Choose Finish option
- The company will open once the restore has been completed
- Confirm that you can now open the company
Still, need assistance? Contact our Sage 50 teams for immediate assistance. You can also connect with us via the sage live chat support available in the bottom-right side corner.
Why did a security privilege error occur?
You will need to research:
1. Check Windows Application and Services Logs in the Control Panel for Events.
2. Check your network wiring and patch cables.
3. If your environment has power surges or drops, install an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) to all workstations including the File Server (if used).
Unable to determine security privileges issue in Sage 50 – How to fix?
If you choose to reestablish from an earlier reinforcement, ensure you run the Data Verification process from the File Menu once the reinforcement is reestablished. You will likewise need to reappear any support records and exchanges since the time allotment of your reinforcement.