Sage 50 Error 08001 can arise either due to database connectivity issues or reporting errors. In the first case, the connection can time out due to incompatible settings on your system and Sage 50. Reporting errors are an extension of these connectivity issues. Whenever Sage 50 creates a financial report, it needs to fetch data from the database. If the data isn’t available or the connection times out, then you’ll get Sage 50 error 08001.
How to Fix Sage Error 08001?
To fix this error, we must properly configure the settings for your system and database. The port used by Sage 50 for connecting to the SQL database might be blocked. If this is the case, then the connection will eventually time out and Sage 50 will throw Sage error 08001.
To fix this issue, follow the steps provided below:
- Go to the setting of SQL express and find the port number used by it
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Click on the plus icon again the SQL Server Network Configuration
- Multiple instances of the server will be listed. Select the one that you want to configure
- On the right panel, click on TCP/IP
- Select the IP Address tab
- Enter the correct port number used by ODBC port
- Close the SQL Server Configuration Manager
- Open ODBC DSN
- Open the configuration window
- Click on DNS configuration
- Enter the server name along with the instance and port number
- Click on Ok.
Once you’ve done this, Sage 50 will be able to communicate properly with the server and provide data without connection timeout.
You can even disable firewall and other security software to check if they are causing the error. If this is the case, then port number that is required by the software must be allowed through the firewall by going to advanced firewall settings.
What is Sage 50?
Sage 50 is one of the many software offered by the Sage Group. They offer many different solutions that cater to the needs of every business. Sage 50 is an accounting software which can be used for storing confidential financial information. This highly secure accounting software can help you with analyzing accounting data and creating financial reports. You can even create visual representation of the data with the help of customizable reporting tools available in this accounting software.
See Also How to Fix Sage Error 49153
What is a good time to reach your Sage experts?
We provide round the clock Sage support for all our users. Sage support helpdesk is always online and can be reached via chat, email and call.