What is QuickBooks Error 108?
This QuickBooks Error 108 affects the bank account updates you can fix in a minimum time frame with all alternative methods. Otherwise, it denied all permissions and payments for business accountant functions.
QuickBooks Error 108 is a banking error you get on your account. Generally, this error occurs on the QuickBooks running on Windows Operating Software. Error 108 indicates that there are some notifications on the website of your Bank or Financial Institution that you need to go through and take action on.
Error 108 occurs while trying to log in to your bank account or while performing some other action on the website.
Let us explore more about this error so that we can find easy and accurate solutions for this QuickBooks error.
|Error Code:||Error 108|
|Error Description:||The errors can occur due to technical issues or due to some faults at the banking end.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Cause:||The user is not properly logged in with a bank account, Entered the wrong username and password.|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen|
|Solution:||Checking the Firewall settings, Running the system file checker|
What Causes QuickBooks Error 108?
Following are some of the reasons responsible for error 108 in QuickBooks:
- The user is not properly logged in with the bank account
- You have entered the wrong username and password.
- A poor Internet connection can cause a blockage between the web server and the program.
- Deleted download activities may result in “QB error 108”
How to identify QuickBooks Error 108?
To detect the QuickBooks error, you can note down the signs and symptoms that might appear on your screen such as:
- When you will see an error message pop up on your screen.
- The user won’t able to access QuickBooks due to this error prompt.
- Or the QuickBooks program windows crashes with the occurrence of this same error.
- Also, if your system becomes sluggish.
- In case QuickBooks freezes for a few seconds.
- These instances will help you to determine that the QuickBooks bank error has arrived. So let’s move ahead with the troubleshooting methods.
Causes behind the QuickBooks Error 108
- If the user has installed multiple versions of QuickBooks.
- When the bank generates any kind of message that needs user action.
- If there’s a problem with the bank server, you may encounter QuickBooks Error 108.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks error 108
In case QuickBooks Error code 108 is frequently showing up on your screen, you need to
take immediate action otherwise, you won’t able to connect to the bank website. Also, you would be unable to check the transaction and other queries related to the bank account.
Therefore, you need to start with the basics first then you can switch to other methods if you think that the techniques you are using are not working out. Below, all these specified methods are described in a brief manner.
Method 1: Disable the Pop-up Blockers
Disabling the pop-up blockers in your computer and Internet browser can help you to end up with QuickBooks Error 108. You also need to confirm that the pop-up blockers are turned off in your anti-virus program. To get better insight into the same, follow the steps given below:
- The first step is to login into the particular website of the bank or financial institution.
- Now, the user is required to review all the notifications or messages. If the user is unable to read the messages then the pop-up blocker might be the cause. Hence, the user needs to disable it and then check the messages.
- The next step is to work on the messages or dismiss them.
- Once you are done with that, you have to visit QuickBooks Online.
- After this, you must go through the menu on the left side and then select the Banking option.
- Next, the user needs to choose the Update option on the Banking Page.
- Finally, you are supposed to check if QuickBooks Error 108 is showing up or not.
Method 2: Checking the Firewall Settings
At times, the inbuilt firewall of your system can block access of your QuickBooks Company Files. In this way, you must ensure that the firewall doesn’t create any conflict for QuickBook’s function. Hence, it’s important to check the Firewall settings if you don’t want to deal with QuickBookS eRROR 108. All you need to perform the steps inclined below:
- To begin with, you need to log into the computer as an Administrator.
- Next, the users have to make sure that they are using the most recent version of QuickBooks and also it is up to date.
- Now, verify the Firewall settings to ensure that it doesn’t block access to the QuickBooks Company File.
- After that, you are required to check the internet security settings.
Method 3: Run the System File Checker
If the above-stated solutions don’t work effectively then there must be some issues with your windows operating system. Therefore, you are required to run the system file checker. It is mostly used to correct the QuickBooks Error 108, go through the following steps to get a better insight about the same.
- Firstly, you have to tap on the Start menu and then select the typing Command in the particular search bar.
- The next step is to hold and press Ctrl + Shift keys together on your keyboard and then hit the Enter tab.
- After that, the users will see a permission dialog box from here they have to select Yes and click on it.
- Moving ahead, you will see a black box that will display with a blinking cursor.
- Now, you need to click Scan Now and then select the Enter key.
- Once you end up with the above steps, the System File Checker will start the scanning process.
- At last, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
Method 4: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Release
Sometimes, the error can take place if you are using the older version of QuickBooks Software. Updating QuickBooks to the newest available maintenance release can repair QuickBooks Error 108. Here’s how:
- Initially, you need to log in to your computer with an admin user and password.
- Verify whether QuickBooks is updated to the latest version or an old version is running on the system.
- Now, update QuickBooks if it is not updated.
- Make your firewall settings adaptable so that all the files can be accessible.
- Also, do check the configuration of your Internet security settings.
- If you still get the error message on your screen then it is recommended to proceed with the next troubleshooting solution.
Method 5: Install the Windows Updates
Due to the outdated version of windows, you might not be able to fix QuickBooks Error 108. If you notice that your windows are not updated to the most recent version then you must check for it. Let’s adhere to the below-listed steps:
- In the beginning, you have to hit the Start button.
- Now, you need to type Update in the search bar.
- Then, the Windows Update Dialog box will start appearing on the screen.
- In the end, you have to choose the Install Updates option if any of the updates are available.
Method 6: Log in to your Bank Account
Being a regular QuickBooks user, you are required to enter the correct login credentials in order to avoid unwanted bugs and errors. You may have to confront QuickBooks Error 108 if there’s an issue with your bank account. To get rid of this, check out the steps presented below:
- To start with this solution, the user is required to log in to your bank’s website.
- Next, locate the KB details and navigate to the downloaded transactions.
- Lastly, you would have to hold the Ctrl key to enable and run the pop-up blocker.
What is QuickBooks Error 108?
QuickBooks Error 108 appears due to many causes but it includes your card details or bank account and all related message pings at your bank’s site for you to make a move. The message may contain any uncommon offer, new terms of service, or an update that is identified with support or site change that should be settled.
After appearing this error, Why is my QuickBooks not responding?
QuickBooks isn’t working or not reacting, error is an ordinarily experienced error and can happen because of numerous reasons. Not many potential causes are as per the following: The absolute first reason can be, the point at which this type of error repeatedly appears on your screen and freezes your window.
What are the reasons due to which the error appears repeatedly?
QuickBooks Error 103 happens because of a few issues, such as missing cookies, denied permission to turn on the equipment facility, errors in the .msi document, QuickBooks Error 103 code setup issue, and missing web program configuration.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support