QuickBooks conversion tool is a free tool through which users can transform files in different formats for QuickBooks. In case you are looking to convert your Quicken, Zoho Books, and other company file data into QuickBooks company file data.
Also, Peachtree and Sage 50 files can be converted to the QB company file. This tool will guide you through the whole process automatically. You can customize the data that you want to import into the newly converted company file. Also, a log file is available for each conversion.
Download QuickBooks Conversion Tool by clicking here.
What is the QuickBooks conversion tool?
QuickBooks Desktop offers a wide array of features and tools, one of them being the QuickBooks Data Conversion Tool. This tool allows you to convert company files from many different projects. What makes this tool so much better is that it fulfills a wide range of conversion assignments, without paying little attention to their intricacies, practically without compromising on data security. With the help of this tool, one can convert QuickBooks 2017 to QuickBooks Desktop Premiere 2018 or make it 2018 compatible or QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 18.0 compatible.
Know what can converts?
|You Can Converts||You Can’t Convert|
|Account, Employee, Item, Customer, and merchant records||Payroll transaction and representative year-to-date information (paychecks, year-to-date adjustments).|
|Account adjusts||Work tickets|
|Customer and merchant dealings||Fixed Assets|
|Worker profile and contact data||Individual employee pays or deduction|
|Payroll General record account balance information||Sales orders, purchase orders, and estimates have been closed or somewhat postponed.|
|PayChecks (convert as journal entry)||You should also note that you can only convert variants of Sage 50 and QuickBooks Desktop from a similar area.|
|If you have a US version of Sage 50, you may need to convert it to the US version of QuickBooks Desktop.|
Advantages of utilizing QuickBooks Conversion tool
The advantages of using the QuickBooks conversion tool are given below:
- The tool assists in arranging conversations for converting QuickBooks files.
- This will import your data from the new ‘QuickBooks Company’.
- It doesn’t change your current/existing data files.
- No data security is compromised during conversion
- Shows the current status of the business
- Gives you the decision to import the record. You can also list apart from balance and authentic exchange.
- Creates a log file for record-keeping during the conversion process method.
Disadvantages of QuickBooks Conversion Tool
There are definite obstacles to bringing business data, transactions, and record adjustments from various monetary programming into QuickBooks. Still, this representative rundown may convert data that includes Social Security numbers, and payroll general record a/c balance information.
Checks, payroll things, individual worker wages, work costs, fixed resource things, work tickets, estimates, purchase orders, and so forth are just a few different things that the conversion tool cannot convert.
QuickBooks Conversion Tool : Minimum Requirements
Minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Conversion Tool include:
- Microsoft Windows Vista or Above
- Intel Pentium II processor
- Processing speed of 500 MHz or above
- 512 MB of Minimum Memory (RAM)
- At least 2 GB free Hard Disk Space
How to Use QuickBooks Conversion Tool?
Before proceeding, make sure QuickBooks is installed and registered. Follow the steps given below to use QuickBooks Desktop Conversion Tool:
- Double-tap the symbol for the QuickBooks conversion tool to open the application.
- Select between My Own Company or My Client Company to continue.
- Now, choose your legacy accounting software starting with Dropbox that you will convert.
- Select Next.
- Utilize the Browse choice to choose a company file and snap Next to proceed.
- Currently, select your QuickBooks release and change where you need to save the company file, click Next to proceed.
- Select the conversion level between “Rundown and Exchange” or “Rundown as Were” and click Next.
- Select the accounting preferences by date and name and snap Next.
- See your details to correct the mistakes and if there are no mistakes, click on the start button.
- Due to the file size, this will take some time, and later on, when completed, you can see the list of conversions.
- Click on Finish.
These methods can help you convert your current bookkeeping data to QuickBooks Design without creating any damage or performance issues. Assuming that the data is currently in QuickBooks Design, you don’t need the QuickBooks Conversion Pack for data conversion.
How to Convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop?
You can easily convert payroll data from different software and import it into QB. Also, there are multiple data formats that of fixed assets, purchase orders, and so on, which will not be imported. Also, before installing this tool, make sure that you have .NET framework 2.0 or above installed on your system.
- Convert Peachtree/ Sage 50 File Conversion
- To convert Sage 50/ Peachtree data with QuickBooks conversion tool, follow the steps provided below:
- Log into an Administrator Account
- Install the QuickBooks conversion tool
- Run the tool as an admin
- Click on Browse and select the company file of your Sage 50/ Peachtree software
- Select Open
- Enter the password for your company file
- Click on Next
- From the dropdown menu, select the version of QB to which the data is to be converted
- Specify the location to which this converted company file is to be stored
- Click on convert file
- Once the procedure finishes, click on Open in QuickBooks
How to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks?
Step-by-Step Instructions to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks are given below:
Users of Quicken 2011 or the prior version clients can undoubtedly convert to QuickBooks with the steps listed below:
- In the first place, download the QuickBooks conversion tool.
- If you’re converting from Quicken of the same year to QuickBooks of the same year, at that point, the tool isn’t needed.
- This tool is especially successful and is needed when QuickBooks is new compared to Quicken.
- You should see Dispatch Quicken Converter and then hit the subsequent tab
- Similarly, accept the terms in the permit arrangement and snap on the next and install option.
- Next, select install Quicken Converter and tap on the finish tab.
- Then, at that point, you have to choose I am transferring data from quicken to windows option and then select the get started option.
- After that, you require to choose to open a data file situated on this framework choice and peruse the file by tapping on the select file tab. You should likewise hit convert and OK tabs.
- When finished with that, click on save to save the updated Quicken file and select the exit option. The Quicken file won’t be upgraded.
- After finishing the above process, you should be sent to QuickBooks Desktop.
- This was followed by going to the File and utility tab. Similarly, you have to select Convert from the Quicken option also.
- The final method in this process is to execute the onscreen prompts.
Additionally, to face the ideal conversion tool, you’ll require an updated Quicken data file to the latest supported version. Before you start converting it to QuickBooks, complete the update.
Need Professional Help?
If you encounter any errors during this process, then check the log file. Find the error entry and search for it at Bigxperts. Also, make a backup of the entire company file before converting it.
If you need to convert QuickBooks company file data from an older version to a newer one, then you can do so directly through QuickBooks. Both QuickBooks 2017 and 2018 have an inbuilt data file converter. Hence, you won’t have to download and install other tools for converting your data files.
What to do when a user converts Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop and the QuickBooks Conversion Tool is not working?
If you get an error that says, “We just need a little more info”, we can help. Looks like you need to run the Conversion tool in Compatibility mode.
1. Right-click on the QuickBooks Conversion Tool icon, then select Properties.
2. Under Compatibility mode, select the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility for: then choose from the dropdown your Windows operating system and then select OK.
3. Right-click QuickBooksConverstionToolSetup.exe and select Run as Administrator.
If you continue to have issues with this error, contact us.
I am trying to convert my sage50 to QuickBooks desktop. Can you help with this?
Do you want to move your accounting data from Sage 50 (formerly Peachtree) over to QuickBooks Desktop? Use the QuickBooks Conversion Tool to move your data automatically.
Step 1: Review the conversion requirements
Step 2: Prepare for the conversion
Step 3: Setup Sage 50
Step 4: Download the conversion tool
Step 5: Convert your data
Step 6: Review the conversion
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support