Before moving ahead with the solutions, you all need to know the hidden reason behind any error. It makes it easy to resolve in the least possible time and helps you to find the solution accordingly.
So, let’s identify the factors that lead to QuickBooks error 2108. Here is the list of all possible causes;
- QuickBooks Backup Error 2108 occurs due to some security reasons.
- If the software is not running as an Administrator.
- The Configuration of Windows Firewall gives rise to this issue.
- IDP (Intuit Data Protect) is not included in the list of Trusted Websites.
- When the requirements of the system is not completely fulfilled.
- Check your QuickBooks Software and the IDP needs to be updated.
- There may be a problem with your login credentials so you need to verify it.
What is QuickBooks Backup Error 2108 (Most Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors) & How to Fix It?
Intuit’s Data Protect service gets most of its errors due to the misconfigured settings of the Windows firewall or the QuickBooks Desktop application.
While attempting to back up your QuickBooks company file using the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) you may get this error 2108. When the QuickBooks error 2108 occurs, it is an indication that the data transfer between your PC and the Servers is no longer working properly.
How many methods to repair QuickBooks Backup Error 2108?
Here you get the easiest troubleshooting guide that you have to walk through step-by-step to fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2108. All the methods are as follows;
Method 1: Setting Up IDP in the Windows Firewall
Setting up IDP in the Windows Firewall is necessary to avoid QuickBooks Backup Error 2108. Here’s how;
- First of all, you need to press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now, type Firewall in the search bar.
- Then, choose the Allow an app through the Windows Firewall option.
- You have to select Allow another app after this.
- The user is required to click Browse and navigate to the Program Files then open common files.
- Furthermore, locate Intuit on the same.
- It will open Intuit Folder and then open the Data Protect.
- Add the files in it one by one.
- The Network type should be selected as Private.
- Finally, select and press the Add button in order to add the IDP to the list of trusted sites.
Method 2: Add the IDP (Intuit Data Protect) to the list of Trusted Sites
You can get rid of QuickBooks error 2108 if you add the IDP to the list of Trusted Sites. Below are the steps you need to implement on;
- The very first step is to navigate to the start menu and then type Internet Options.
- Next, you have to click on the Security tab.
- After that, select and hit the Trusted sites option.
- Now, you need to add Intuit Data Protect to the trusted websites lists by clicking on the sites option.
- In the end, press the close button and then click the OK tab to complete and save the process.
Steps to create a backup of your Company File
There are two automatic ways to generate a backup of your company file. Lt’s implement over it;
- The first approach is to close the file and set the frequency of how frequently the QuickBooks generates a backup.
- Another way is to do it manually.
- To take a backup of your company data file, you need to select back up from the file menu and then tap on the backup company file icon.
- At last, press the browse button to edit the file name and its location.
If you still are not able to resolve the error 2108, there may be a possibility of other deep routed malfunctioning which needs a detailed analysis.
How can I restore the backup file to resolve the QuickBooks Backup error 2108?
To restore the QuickBooks backup company file, open the file menu and then choose the Restore Company option. Give the next click on the “Restore a backup copy” option. Move forward with displayed guidelines and click on the Next button. Now, you have to choose the Local backup and click on the Next button. After this, you have to browse the system to locate the company backup file. At last, you have to choose a folder where you can save your restored company backup file.
Why does QuickBooks Backup error 2108 appear while I am trying to create a backup file?
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks Restore Failed error. The backup is being restored from a flash drive or a network drive. The file being restored is not a genuine QuickBooks backup file. The backup has been made in a more up-to-date form yet is being restored to a previous edition. It also appears due to the presence of corrupted or damaged company files.
How would I fix the QuickBooks Backup Error 2108?
To fix this error, the user has to rename the company file and then remove all special characters from the name. Firstly, you have to locate the file and hit the right-click on it. Then, you have to choose the Rename from the drop-menu options. After this, you have to enter a new file name and make sure you didn’t enter any special characters. Hit the enter key and you are all done with this issue.