QuickBooks error 12037 is an update error that usually happens when you attempt to download the latest payroll service updates. This may also occur when QuickBooks is not able to connect to the internet. As a regular user of QuickBooks, you are supposed to manage the employee’s payroll, and if you want to enjoy the smooth and hassle-free services of payroll, you would have to update the payroll services.
But at times, while getting updates users are forced to encounter issues like “QuickBooks error 12037”. This error can be triggered by many reasons like; inaccurate time zone, erroneous internet settings, and much more. So without wasting a while, let’s have a brief discussion about the same.
What are the reasons behind occurring QuickBooks error 12037?
Sometimes when it comes to updating the QuickBooks desktop to its latest release, QuickBooks error 12037 may pop up on your screen which doesn’t allow you to go ahead with the process. So before identifying the causes, you are supposed to walk through the solutions accordingly.
- Inaccurate Date and Time can cause QuickBooks error 12037.
- If the users are using an unstable internet connection or QuickBooks is not able to identify your internet.
- Error 12037 may also display when there are several versions of Quickbooks desktop available in one system.
- Firewall blocking or security QuickBooks services to start.
- Anti-Virus or malware may have attacked the system.
- Internet Explorer as the default browser option must be chosen.
Let’s find out how to fix QuickBooks error 12037
If you are unable to rectify QuickBooks error 12037 with the help of such solution instructions provided by the software then you can check out the steps listed below;
Reset QuickBooks Updates
QuickBooks errors can be resolved if you reset QuickBooks updates and try to install them again. For this, you are required to go through the steps that are jotted below;
- You need to open QuickBooks desktop.
- Navigate to the assistance and then update the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select Update Now.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Reset update, click it and then Get Updates the notifications.
- In the end, you need to wait for a while as the QuickBooks desktop update will take some time.
Set the exact Date and Time
Inaccurate Date and Time can hinder the update process and create QuickBooks error 12037 so make sure this setting is accurately set in your system. To do so, you have to check out the following points:
- By clicking on the date and time at the bottom right-hand corner, you are required to adjust the date and time. Attempt to correct the Internet Connection SettingsIf not then press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run box.
- Now type the Control or Control Panel in a search box.
- Select the Clock and Region from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a current Date and Time.
- Then click on “Change the Date and Time” in a drop-down menu.
- Modify the time and date to the wished time zone and later press OK.
- After that, you are supposed to tap on Change Time Zone from the drop-down menu. Ensure that the time zone is correct otherwise this error may incur.
- Before trying to install the updates, shut down the QuickBooks and reopen it.
Attempt to correct the Internet Connection Settings
Improper Internet Connection Settings can also cause QuickBooks error 12037. To get rid of such errors, perform the given steps on your own.
- First of all, you have to open a bank website on your web browser and if in case you are not able to open the website then switch to your internet service provider.
- Or you can open Internet Explorer in QuickBooks.
- After that, select the tab of Tools and then close the option of the Internet.
- Now choose the Globe icon from the security tab and make sure to select the security level to lower or medium.
- You would have to click on Never Dial Connection in the connections tab.
- Next, choose the correct Internet Service Provider if you are not using the Dial-up node on the system.
- Select the Local Area Network settings and verify that the automatic detect settings are selected.
- Lastly, ensure that the ‘use a Proxy Server’ option is not marked. Note: These settings won’t apply to dial-up or VPN connections.
Test the Connectivity Settings properly
To fix QuickBooks error 12037, you need to verify the connectivity settings.
- To begin with, download and run TLS 1.2 utility and for this first, you have to download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once you are done with the downloading process, open the QuickBooks tool hub from the desktop.
- Now you are required to hit the tab of Installation issues.
- Select the QuickBooks TLS 1.2 tool from the bottom right corner of the system.
- To open the TLS tool, press the OK button.
- Later, hit Yes on the End-user license agreement.
- In the end, select Run.
Select Internet Explorer as Default Browser
QuickBooks error 12037 may also take place if you ignore this section.
- You need to open an Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the tools button.
- Then, hover over the Internet options.
- Here you will see the Internet Options dialog box.
- Select the Program tab.
- After this, choose the option of “Make Internet Explorer as the default browser”.
- Finally, hit OK.
Configure the Firewall and Security Application Settings
Sometimes security applications may prevent QuickBooks desktop to launch updates. It is recommended, to pause it for a temporary period of time. For Example, 30 Minutes and then try to install the updates.
This problem may also arise because of the firewall configuration. If the firewall is blocking access to the computer, it won’t allow you to install the latest updates.
You are required to provide access to these files that are jotted below:
Multiple QuickBooks Versions installed on the same computer
When you get several QuickBooks versions installed on the same computer, you have to encounter QuickBooks error 12037. Therefore, it is required to remove all the additional QuickBooks versions and keep the latest and updated version in your system. You can follow the below-listed steps if you need to install the most recent version of QuickBooks:
- Go to the Downloads & Updates section of the QuickBooks website.
- Select the Country now.
- Choose the Product according to your requirements.
- Now select the version.
- Press the Search button.
- Once you are done with the above step, click “Get the recent Updates”, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest release.
It is found that many QuickBooks users take their step back when it comes to dealing with such kinds of errors just because of having a lot of stuff. But if they carry out any of the above-sated techniques, they will be able to fix QuickBooks error 12037 without any interruption. In case, the error persists and as a regular user, you have already put every sort of effort from your side then you can have words with QuickBooks customer helpdesk team members as they will always be available to help you in the best possible way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I get the QuickBooks Tool Hub in my system?
It is important to note that QuickBooks Tool Hub helps to fix many common errors wherein QuickBooks error 12037 is one of them. You have to perform the below-mentioned steps if you want to get the QuickBooks tool hub on Windows 10, 64-bit.
💠 To start using the tool hub, first close QuickBooks.
💠 Now you are supposed to download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
💠 Save the file from where you can easily find it like your Downloads Folder or your Windows desktop.
💠 After that, you have to open the file you’ve downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
💠 You are required to follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
💠 Double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub once the installation finishes.
What’s a Proxy Server and how does it work?
A Proxy server works as a mediator between you and the internet. It separates the users from the websites they browse as well as provides varying levels of functionality, security, and privacy depending on your use case, needs, or company policy. When you send a web request, your request goes to the proxy server first. Then the proxy server creates your web request on your behalf, collects the response from the webserver, and then forwards you the web page data so that you can view the page in your browser.
When is End-user License Agreement (EULA) needed?
An End-User License Agreement (EULA) is a legally binding agreement between the owner of a product and the end-user. In other words, it’s a contract between the licensor of a product and the licensee. It also helps to protect the rights of the business owner/licensor. Let’s have a look at some examples where EULA might necessary.
💠 You are required to make legal disclosures related to consumer rights (specifically withdrawal and cancellation rights).
💠 You have two different user levels (eg. registered vs non-registered).
💠 Ensure that your platform permits users to sell or trade with other users.
💠 Facilitate or otherwise process payments and other sensitive user data; want to set the rules for user behavior and state grounds for termination of accounts;
💠 You need to participate in affiliate programs.
💠 You are supposed to provide software or service which can potentially cause harm if misused;
💠 You would like to have some legally enforceable control over and set rules about, how your website/app/product may be used.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support