QuickBooks is accounting software that is hugely utilized by millions of small and medium-sized businesses across the world. It has all the required tools and utilities to carry out all the accounting and financial operations.
From preparing the invoices to generating tax tables, it does everything with a simple input-output mechanism.
With such intricate development, the software keeps getting new updates now and then to make it more user-friendly, effective, and useful. QuickBooks Error 9999 is an error that pops up when you are using its online version to operate certain tasks.
It could be troublesome at times when you are in a hurry. The Bigxperts help team suggests you follow the instructions given in this article to be able to troubleshoot this error.
About QuickBooks Error 108
|Error 9999 is a script error that can block the internet connection of your bank and QuickBooks Online.
|QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system has frozen
|Windows 10, and 11
|When you are trying to update your bank information, the Slow speed of your system, and the slow speed of your Quickbooks, could hamper your efficiency.
|QuickBooks software and check for updates, clearing the cache of your web browser.
What should you do regarding Error 9999?
Since this is a reporting error according to QuickBooks guidelines, you will be redirected to log a report. To help you feel easy about the process.
Our QuickBooks experts advise you to follow these steps:
- The error message contains a Report Click on it and follow the instructions.
- You will be asked to fill in your general information, i.e. registration email and name.
- Once you are done with the form, click on Submit Within the next 10 days, one of the QuickBooks helpdesk experts will contact you.
Why does QuickBooks Error 9999 take place?
Before jumping on the fixation methods, it is essential to check out the causes of the particular error since it makes it possible for many users to correct the error in a better way. So, here is the list of some prominent factors that are truly responsible for the QuickBooks Banking Error 9999. Let’s have a look:
- Due to the slow internet connection, the establishment process can be slower between the Bank and Intuit Server.
- The Windows antivirus firewall program blocks the connection between the bank’s website and the QuickBooks server.
- Browser cache and cookies are creating issues.
- If the installation of QuickBooks is corrupted or incomplete.
- QuickBooks-related files, programs, and directories have accidentally been deleted or removed.
- The recent QuickBooks modification (Install\Uninstall) resulted in a corrupt Windows registry.
- In case the issue has been created from the bank end then QuickBooks banking error 9999 can come across.
- Malware infects the Windows system through malicious behavior.
What are the signs and symptoms of QuickBooks Error 9999?
You can easily spot the QuickBooks banking error code 9999 just by carrying out the pointers listed below:
- When you are unable to make a connection with a bank.
- The browser you are using will freeze and the process will slow down.
- You will get an error message “Sorry we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later (9999)” on your computer screen.
- Once the QuickBooks Banking error 9999 occurs, it starts crashing the active Windows program.
- The system is not able to read commands of the mouse & keyboard or sometimes respond sluggishly.
- The browser’s cache and cookies may provoke such kinds of baking issues.
- Windows system crashes when you run the same application.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 9999?
To get rid of the QuickBooks Error code 9999, you need to delete unwanted websites from the list, repair Windows registries if corrupted, scan Windows system files, update Windows drivers, run malware software, and restore recently made changes. This will help you to reconnect your bank account. However, if it is annoying for you then you must stick out with this write-up to get the best possible solutions.
Solution 1: Update Your Bank Account Info
In the first place, you are required to update your bank feed three to four times and then check for the status of QuickBooks error code 9999.
Let’s have a look at the following steps to get it done:
- The very first step is to start the QuickBooks application and then navigate to the Banking section.
- Now, you have to select the Update Option.
- Furthermore, repeat the same steps three to four times.
- If updating your bank didn’t work out then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Clear Cache Files of your Internet Browser
The cookies and cache of your Internet browser can throw QuickBooks error 9999 in the QuickBooks application. To clear the cache file from Internet Explorer, you are required to follow the instructions inclined below:
For Google Chrome
- First of all, start Google Chrome and go to Settings then select Clear Browsing Data.
- Next, choose the Cached Images and Files option.
- Tap on the Clear Data button.
- Within some time, the cache files will be cleared.
- In the Firefox browser’s address bar, you need to type about: preferences#privacy and hit the Enter tab.
- Tap on the Clear your recent history button.
- Then, select Cache from the list and click on Clear Now.
For Internet Explorer:
- Hold and Press the CTRL + Shift + Delete keys together on your keyboard and it will open the Delete Browsing History page.
- Next, you need to select the Temporary Internet files and website files.
- Finally, hit the Delete tab to get the task accomplished.
- Choose the Develop option from the top.
- Tap on the Empty Caches icon.
If the error persists after clearing or deleting the Cache files then proceed ahead with the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Disconnect and Reconnect the Bank Account
Online bank accounts may interrupt your connection abruptly and evoke QuickBooks Banking Error 9999. However, it can be fixed if you connect your bank connection again. All you have to do is disconnect and then reconnect the bank account to re-establish the connection. Here’s how:
To Disconnect the Bank Account from QuickBooks
- In the beginning, select the Banking tab from the left panel.
- Now, click the Edit icon on the account you want to disconnect.
- From the Account window, choose the Disconnect this account option.
- Tap on Save and Close.
To Reconnect your Bank Account to the QuickBooks desktop
- Head to the Bank tab and click on the Add Account option.
- Now, you need to enter the login credentials of your bank account and press Continue.
- Then, select Securely Connect and hit the Bank icon.
- From the Account type drop-down list, you would have to choose your account.
- After that, opt for a Bank account or Credit Card account.
- If you don’t have an account then tap on +Add new and press the Connect button.
Solution 4: Update the Windows System Drivers
Outdated drivers of your Windows computer may cause certain programs not to function properly. Some programs do not support functions due to the old drivers and give rise to QuickBooks Banking Error 9999. Hence, you are supposed to check your Windows drivers and update them to the latest version.
Here are the steps you need to perform on your own:
- Initially, you need to hold and press the Windows + X simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Next, move to the Device Manager.
- Then, choose a category to mark the device name.
- Hit a right-click on the device that you want to update.
- Afterward, press the Update Driver button.
- If you want to uninstall the driver then tap on the Uninstall button.
- Once you are done with that, reboot your computer.
- When the system is restarted, you can install new device drivers.
Note: Make sure that you have downloaded the compatible drivers with your Windows system.
Solution 5: Clean Junk Files
Sometimes, when you delete the files from your system, it may keep the junk files or temporary files on your device. As a result, it creates conflict between certain programs, and due to this, you are unable to connect with your bank account. It is noted that this mishap ended up with QuickBooks Error 9999. To avoid it, you need to remove the temporary files from your computer.
To do so, the Disk Cleanup Process should be done properly. You just need to carry out the steps described below:
- Click the Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard. This will show the Run dialog box on your screen.
- Next, type cleanmgr.exe in the Run box.
- After this, hit the Enter key or press the OK button.
- In the Disk Cleanup window, choose the Cleanup system files option.
- Now, tap on the Yes button. This will display a list of files that need to be removed.
- Move your cursor to mark all the items and then click the OK button.
- Lastly, choose the Delete Files option.
- Once you have deleted the files, you must wait for the Disk Cleanup utility to eliminate the temporary files from your system.
- This process will easily clear the cache from your windows and you can run the bank account without any interruption.
Solution 6: Remove the Unwanted Websites
Some websites you visit may conflict with your bank connection and prevent you from accessing the banking website. It results in QuickBooks Banking error 9999.
Go through the following steps:
- The initial step is to start Internet Explorer.
- Next, switch to Favorites.
- After checking the history, you have to tap on the Filter.
- At last, make right-click to press the Delete button.
Once you remove the unwanted websites from the list, you can easily access your bank website. If it is still creating problems or popping up QuickBooks error code 9999 then make sure your Windows registries are not corrupted.
Solution 7: Repair Windows Registry Files
No doubt, the Windows Registry plays a vital role in operating certain operations. If you find your Windows registry files corrupted or damaged then it is your responsibility to repair them as soon as possible. You won’t have to have to deal with QuickBooks Banking Error 9999 if you implement the steps that are jotted below:
- Tap on the Start button.
- Next, write Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Afterward, hold and press the Ctrl + Shift keys together, and then hit the Enter tab.
- Click the Yes button if prompted.
- Now, you need to enter the Regedit command in the Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key.
- In the Registry Editor, click on the key related to Error 9999 (that you want to backup).
- Hover over the File menu.
- Then, you have to choose the Export option.
- Once you are done with this, opt for the folder where you want to save the backup key.
- Under the Export Range box, select the Selected branch.
- Click on the Save button.
- Ensure that you have saved the file with the “.reg” file extension.
Solution 8: Restore Recent System Changes
Incorrect settings can affect your system abruptly. If you think you recently made some changes to your windows and you are facing trouble while connecting with your QuickBooks bank account due to QuickBooks Banking Error 9999 then you should undo these changes. All you have to sign in to your PC as an administrator and restore your system with the Windows System Restore Utility.
To undo or reset the system files and settings, you have to perform the actions presented below:
- Firstly, log in to your computer with admin rights.
- Next, you need to click the Start button.
- Tap on the All Programs.
- Now, select the Accessories.
- Afterward, you have to click on the System Tools.
- Once a new window opens, choose the Restore my computer option.
- Then, follow the wizard displayed on your screen.
- Make sure you hit the points for the time when your system is totally fine.
- In the end, press the Next button.
Solution 9: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop often comes up with technical issues that can be resolved itself. However, sometimes the users get frustrated with the QuickBooks Banking Error code 9999 and visit from site to site to search for the exact solution to their problems. You can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the QuickBooks program if you experience the same error code. Thus, it is compulsory to gather essential details such as the product key of your QuickBooks Software before you uninstall the QuickBooks Program. The product key will be used whenever you go to activate your program.
To uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software, you have to adhere to the steps listed below:
Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
When you are done with reinstalling the program, you can enter the product key you wrote down earlier. This will help you to activate the QuickBooks Program and check if the error persists or not.
Solution 10: Run Windows System File Checker
If you use Windows System File Checker, you can quickly verify your system files. Also, if you find any problematic files that are causing QuickBooks Error 9999 then you need to resolve them immediately. For this process, you must have to run an SFC command. This can be done through the Command Prompt Window. So, you are supposed to execute the below-given steps to proceed ahead:
- Press the Windows key in the first place.
- Now, you need to type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Then, make right-click on the Command Prompt and then select Run as Administrator.
- When all set, add the following command:
- Furthermore, click the Enter key.
- This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is finished, you are required to restart your system. Doing so will scan your files and repair the QuickBooks Error 9999 successfully.
Solution 11: Download Windows Updates
Windows often release new updates to support more features to your running programs. Updating your Windows operating system to the latest release is important to eradicate QuickBooks Banking Error 9999. Therefore, you are required to check the new updates and install them if it’s available. Below are the steps you have to implement:
- From the bottom left corner, tap on the Start button.
- Now, write Update in the search bar.
- Then, hit the Enter tab.
- If you see any new updates for your windows, you must install them. It will assist you to get rid of QuickBooks Error 9999.
What is the best way to fix the QuickBooks error 9999?
The best way to fix the QuickBooks error is to perform the steps to update your bank and then clean the browser’s cache files. After this, disconnect and reconnect the bank account to resolve this issue. Once you have done this try to login into the banking website from the web browser.
What to do when I encounter QuickBooks error 9999?
This error is a script error that causes an interruption between the connection of the bank account and QuickBooks. The user has to be sure that they upload all transactions accurately otherwise it is very difficult to resolve this issue.
Does restarting QuickBooks help to get rid of QuickBooks error 9999?
No, you have resolved it manually with the following steps. The initial step is to open the settings and click on the Privacy section. From the left-hand menu, open the app permissions. Then, you have to choose the Security setting option. At last, the User has to be sure that it permits apps to access to enable and you are all resolved with this problem.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support