QuickBooks is known for its great efficiency in handling accounts-related services. It has its reputation because of the assortment of functions it offers to make accounting easy and reliable. However, sometimes errors occur and hinder the working of the program for good. These errors, i.e. QuickBooks Error 102, can be handled without much hassle. The accounting Errors help team is going to resolve this error in this article.
At times when you try to access your bank’s website or payrolls, an error pops up on your computer screen, which reads something like this: ‘Error 102: Can’t access the bank website. Contact customer care.’
|Error Name:||Error 102|
|Error Description:||Bank error 102 and 105 usually means there may be a problem from your bank’s end. Their website may be undergoing maintenance or have server issues.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Cause:||Wireless network issue with OS., Network equipment gets damaged.|
|Symptoms:||Occasionally, the system will crash., One of the possible signs of this error is a problem with a startup or shutdown.|
|Solution:||Manually Update your bank connection, Verify your Login information.|
What is QuickBooks Error 102?
It is a banking-related error. It generally occurs when there is some kind of maintenance going on the bank website, or when it faces some kind of technical difficulties. It could also occur when there is some server-related problem.
Reason Behind The QuickBooks Error Code 102
We have mentioned below some of the reasons for QB error 102:
- Browser option related issue.
- Wireless network issue with OS.
- Network equipment gets damaged.
- If the error 102 displays on the QuickBooks online screen.
Signs and symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 102
The signs listed below will help you figure out whether QuickBooks online banking problem 102 has occurred:
- The computer’s response to mouse and keyboard inputs is sluggish.
- Occasionally, the system will crash.
- The blue screen of death may appear in front of your eyes.
- One of the possible signs for this error is a problem with startup or shut down.
- Indicator of program lock-ups.
- During the installation procedure, there are a number of obstacles that need to be overcome.
QuickBooks Error 102 can be recognized if you have certain technical difficulties while working with QB.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 102
There are several methods through which this issue can be resolved easily. We will follow a few of them to troubleshoot this issue in the right manner. Follow them one by one as only one could be enough for the issue:
1. First Solution:
See the steps below to resolve QuickBooks error 102:
- Click ok on the error message and start the computer once again.
- Go to QuickBooks and try to open Point of Sale.
- The error might disappear. If it persists, go to the Start menu of the Windows OS and launch Run
- Enter services. MSC in the field that is given.
- Click Ok to proceed to the next step.
- You will find the QBPOS Database Manager there. Hit
- In case you could not see the Start option, proceed to
2. Second Solution:
See other steps below to resolve QuickBooks error 102:
- Using the website URL provided by the bank, see if it is possible to log in there.
- Once you have logged in, carry on your activity to see if any kind of error appears on the screen.
- Account’s History, Transaction and Summary should be without any missing or corrupt data.
- Wait for one day before proceeding to the next option. Sometimes the error occurs because you are a new customer to the Bank/Credit Card Company. It takes them time to update your data online.
- Once you ensure that there is no problem with the bank’s side. Try to update your QuickBooks Desktop.
- If the issue is still not resolved. Contact your Bank or Credit Card Company.
3. Solution Three: Manually Update your bank connection
Don’t fret, when you encounter this banking error. One more thing to keep in mind: these troubleshooting steps will not provide you an instant result; Error 102 is usually resolved within 24 hours. You can update the online bank connection in QuickBooks manually throughout this time period.
A. Manual Updates
Some accounts necessitate manual updates; if this is the case, you will be informed during the connection interview. The majority of accounts should be able to receive updates automatically. You may need to manually update if you aren’t seeing today’s information after an automatic update.
If the bank connection does not update automatically then below are the steps to update manually:
- From the left menu, go to the Banking section
- Next, click to clear unwanted accounts, if you want to update only some of your accounts
- And then select the option “Update Now”
- Enter the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) details, if asked and then to update, click “Continue”.
B. Verify the exact time of update with the help of below steps:
- From the left side menu, select the Banking section
- On the top right corner, press the update button
- At last, you can see the date/time of the last update listed within the last updated column.
4. Solution Four: Verify your Login information
Check that you can access your bank’s website using the URL provided by the bank for online banking. If you can’t connect to your bank, see the procedures below to add your bank accounts to QuickBooks and download and debug transactions: It’s possible that you won’t be able to join your bank.
Steps to connect your bank accounts in QuickBooks
- From the left menu, select the Banking tab
- Search the name of your financial institution, if you haven’t linked to any bank before
- In case, if you previously linked to a bank then choose the option “Add Account” at the top right corner
- After that, look for the names of your financial institutions
- From the list, select an appropriate “Financial Institution”
- Enter the User ID or Login ID and then password for the Financial Institution and then select “Continue”
- Complete all the additional security verification steps, if your financial institution needs it and then select the option “Connect Securely”
- Choose the bank symbol to the left of the account that you want to connect
- From the account type drop down menu, select the bank type or credit card account
- Make sure you either choose a bank account or credit card account
- If you don’t have any account then you can add +New to create a new account
- Now, QuickBooks download online transactions over the last 90 days, when you first join your account
- It will automatically download the banking and credit card transactions overnight for a short period of time, you need a short date range
- Once you click “Connect”, it takes few minutes to connect
- After the download is successfully done then you’ll be taken back to the banking page
- The review tab includes the transactions downloaded from the Financial Institution which you can easily review, classify and then accept the QuickBooks.
5. Solution Five: Check your Bank or Credit Card’s website
Go to the banks and credit card’s websites to see whether everything is fine on their end, or if there are any updates on the maintenance or any issues they are experiencing.
- To begin, open your browser and go to the website of your bank or credit card. If you are unable to sign in, contact your bank or credit card issuer immediately; they will assist you in finding a solution.
- Look for messages, notifications, or alerts on the official bank website. These may assist you in determining whether the problem is due to a bank or QuickBooks issue.
- Examine your account pages, transaction history, and account history. If you can’t view them, it’s likely due to a problem with your internet connection.
6. Solution Six: Wait for the Bank Action
You can also wait a day for the bank; they may be trying to problems related to the server. Give your bank at least 24 hours before you make another attempt to download your transactions.
7. Solution Seven: Make sure that your account is not new to the bank
This issue can also occur if your bank account or credit card is new to them. To see if this is a problem, contact the bank or credit card provider with which you have an account.
Need Professional Help?
If you need any help regarding the solutions, or if you are facing any other QuickBooks related problem, you can call our QuickBooks experts team. They have an excellent QuickBooks helpdesk consisting of talented experts who have been serving in the industry for years.
See Also Easily Fix QuickBooks Error 15102
What are the reasons behind the QuickBooks error code 102?
This error usually happens while servers create problems while data transfer between the bank’s website and QuickBooks. Improper internet connectivity is the major reason behind this error sometimes bank websites are under maintenance to update new notifications.
How to fix the wireless network problem with the operating system while resolving the QuickBooks Error code 102?
Check and verify the internet explorer settings and make sure about the internet explorer the default browser. To resolve this error, the user has to check the system date and time must be correct. Update your system and QuickBooks is the most convenient way to fix this error. Running the QuickBooks tool is another way to rectify the issue or you can check if the payroll service key must be correct.
How do I find a suitable solution to fix the QuickBooks error code 102?
To find a suitable solution, the user has to know the reason why this error appears. then, it will help you to know which solution is best to fix this error. To check the QuickBooks account updates, check and verify account details must be correct. Then read all account details or notifications. After this, let the financial institutions take action and then verify the account is New to the bank.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support