Opting QuickBooks Payroll subscription is the easiest way to maintain payroll & tax figures. Payroll processing by QuickBooks simplifies the process. QuickBooks with Payroll software is capable of performing everyday core tasks effectively.
On the other hand, working on payroll does not shield users from issues or other technological risks. Like other accounting software, it also gives you an error and the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error refers to the payroll subscriptions if it is not verified properly. This happens when users try to update the payroll to the latest tax tables. Let’s explore such subscription errors in the write-up below.
About QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error
|Error Name:||Subscription Error||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error: Sorry, we need to verify your subscription before installing QuickBooks desktop”. Or “Error: Sorry it looks like you need a subscription to install QuickBooks desktop.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Data corruption, Incorrect PSID in QuickBooks company file||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptom:||program window crashes, Windows runs slow and reacts gradually to the keyboard and mouse inputs.||Possible Solution:||Use QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub, Update The Billing Information|
What Are the Reasons Behind the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error?
QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error is mainly found when there is an issue in verifying payroll subscriptions. Though, it does not occur due to a single factor that indicates that the error occurs for more than one reason.
Let’s see what are the other reasons for the appearance of error are:
- Data corruption
- Incorrect PSID in QuickBooks company file
- QuickBooks product is outdated
- Inactive payroll subscription
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) is not valid in the company file
- The error crashes an active window that restricts you to complete an ongoing task
- Windows not supporting QuickBooks edition
How do I resolve QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error?
If you continuously get an error message “QuickBooks Payroll subscription has expired or lapsed”, then try the below couple of methods to easily get rid of it. The above methods ensure you that it will not affect your data so what are you waiting for just implement them one by one:
1. Method One: Use the QuickBooks Desktop tool hub
Many times, the subscription error happens when there is damage to your Windows file. It prevents QuickBooks from connecting with online services.
Here’s how you can fix such an issue:
- To start with launching QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Next, go to the Installation issues tab
- Now, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Finally, it will fix all the damaged Windows files after running this tool
2. Method Two: Update the billing information
In case, you recently made any changes in your business account or credit card details, then it is required you update the details of payment for the subscription.
The steps are:
- First, sign in to your Customer account management portal as an Admin user
- Next, go to the “Products and Services” tab and select QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, click Edit within the section called “Billing Information”
- After that, update the details of the payment and then hit “Save and close”
- Once done with that, open QuickBooks Desktop again
- Go to the Help menu and then select “Manage my license” >> Sync License Data Online
- This process ends here and verifies whether the error is resolved or not.
3. Method Three: Restore the Product and License File
QuickBooks saves a file including your product and license information to your hard drive. In case, you find an issue then it can be easily restored by following the below steps:
- In the beginning, get your product and license information
- In case, you don’t have it in your hand then look for it
- Once done with that then close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, go to the Windows Start menu
- Now, type Run within the Search box or simply press Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- After that, type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and hit Enter key
- In case, if it doesn’t open a folder then type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 instead of that
- Moving forward, you need to find EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- Make a right-click on the same and select Delete
- To make it conform, you have to press the Yes tab
- After doing that, open your QuickBooks Desktop as well as your company file
- At last, perform on-screen instructions to register your QuickBooks again using your product and license details.
4. Method Four: Restore the Settings of Internet Explorer
- The very first, open Internet Explorer and then go to the Tools menu
- Select the Internet option or you can press the ALT key in case the menu bar is not showing the option
- Go to the Advanced tab and select the Reset or Restore defaults tab
- In the end, click Apply followed by the Ok button.
How to Verify your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription?
Below are the steps to verify your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription:
- Make sure you have the latest QuickBooks Desktop release version and that the latest tax table release is downloaded
- Open the Payroll Account Management Portal. Then close the page.
- Restart the computer.
- Download payroll updates again.
- Reset QuickBooks Desktop Update.
Note: If you are using Direct Deposit for a company file that has this issue, please contact us.
If the above steps don’t work, you can try the following.
- Open the Payroll Account Management Portal. Review if Payroll Service shows Active. Then close the page.
- This validates your payroll service online and should fix the QuickBooks Payroll Subscription error. Otherwise, choose Clean Install of QuickBooks at startup.
QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error can easily be resolved by carrying out the solutions mentioned above. In case, you continue to encounter the issue again and again then make sure you directly consult with any QuickBooks Experts to get proper solutions for your queries.
Is disable the Firewall software fix QuickBooks Payroll Subscription Error? If yes then how can I do it manually?
First, disable the Firewall and then turn off the Antivirus software as well. Make a note that the Antivirus software cannot be disabled while others need to make certain changes. For that, you need to find out the third-party Antivirus within your system tray at the end of the button right of your desktop screen. Once found, right-click on the icon and then choose the Disable option. At last, install the QuickBooks Desktop or run the Update once again.
How can I verify the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription?
Before you proceed with any step, confirm that you have the latest QuickBooks Desktop release as well as the latest downloaded tax table release. Next, open the Payroll Account Management Portal. And then close the open page. Reboot your PC and try to download the payroll update again. At last, reset the QuickBooks Desktop update.
What to do if I am using Direct Deposit for the company file and facing the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription issue?
You can try to open the Payroll Account Management Portal and verify whether the payroll service shows Active or not. If not then make it active and close the page. If it doesn’t work then it is suggested to contact QuickBooks Professionals.
How do I reactivate my QuickBooks Payroll subscription?
Below are the steps to reactivate a QuickBooks Payroll subscription in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced, Standard, or Basic Payroll:
1. In your QuickBooks Desktop company file, go to Employees and choose My Payroll Service.
2. Choose Account/Billing Info.
3. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
4. Under Status, select Subscribe again.
5. Follow the on-screen steps to reactivate your payroll service.
How do I renew my QuickBooks subscription?
1. Move to the Settings menu, then choose Account and Settings.
2. Choose Billing & Subscription.
3. Choose the Edit option next to your payment method. Please note that QuickBooks only takes the following debit and credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and Amex
4. Update your credit card information and make sure the address in QuickBooks is the same as the one on your credit card statement.
5. Choose Confirm card or Save.
Where Do I Find My Payroll Subscription Number in QuickBooks?
Here you know where is your payroll service key number.
1. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
2. Select Payroll.
3. Move to your kind of Payroll Subscription.
4. Hit Payroll.
5. Tap on the View Contact Info button to see the support number.
How do I change my QuickBooks Payroll subscription?
To change your QuickBooks payroll subscription service:
1. Go to Employee, choose My Payroll Service, then pick Change Payroll Service Options.
2. A new window will appear displaying your payroll options. Choose to Learn more about the different payroll services available to you.
Note: If you are upgrading to Assisted Payroll, you will need to work with an Assistant Payroll setup specialist to complete the activation of your Assistive service. Contact us to start the setup process.
3. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
4. Choose to Move to Checkout to proceed with the order.
5. Prefer or change the current payment method.
6. Enter the card security code, then choose Submit.
7. Choose Continue, then select Next.
8. Choose Return to QuickBooks.