About QuickBooks Error 6189, -83
|Error Code:||Error 6189, -83||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||You might encounter QuickBooks error code 6189 if the QuickBooks Desktop version you are using is not up-to-date.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||QB cannot ascertain the location of sample file, Sample file is damaged.||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frezon.||Possible Solution:||Sample file is damaged, QuickBooks File repair tool.|
QuickBooks error 6189, -83 is part of the QB 6000 error series. These errors generally occur due to some issue with the company file.
When does QuickBooks Error -6189, -83 occur?
QuickBooks error -6189,-83 occurs for the following reasons:
- Sample file is damaged
- QB cannot ascertain the location of sample file
- QuickBooks or its data is hosted
- Third party software
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 6189, -83
Below are the most efficient troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error code 6190, -83:
- Sample file is damaged
- QuickBooks File repair tool
Before troubleshooting the error, confirm that you are logged in as an administrator on your Windows PC and if not, right-click on the QuickBooks desktop symbol and select Run as administrator to log into QuickBooks as administrator. Select.
1. Solution One: Sample file is damaged
You can follow the manual procedure to repair the sample file is damaged:
- In such a case, there aren’t many options open for users.
- The main problem arises when users aren’t able to access the data present in their company file.
- Being on the Quickbooks 6000- series error, it automatically becomes a threat to the data present in the company file.
- Also, your work is permanently halted till the time the issue isn’t resolved.
2. Solution Two: QuickBooks File repair tool
Still, Intuit provides a QuickBooks File repair tool through which you can resolve the error.
- Install the software by downloading it from Intuit’s website.
- After installing the software, restart your PC.
- Now follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Search files or select the file by browsing.
- Searching will take much more time.
- You Company file will be in the .QBW format.
- Now, click on Scan file. Wait for the tool to finish the scanning of the company file.
- Now select Company and get a preview of all the information. Check all the information before continuing with the next step. Check the various fields to ensure that data is accurately recorded. You can view all the data present in the company file through this software.
- Hit Repair (Repair Company file).
- Click on Save as and select the directory where you want to save the repaired company file.
- Once done, you will get the confirmation message of “File repair process complete successfully.”
You have successfully repaired the company file. Any discrepancies with the file would have been altered by the tool. If there is an error that cannot be fixed, the tool will throw an error. If this happens, then contact a QuickBooks expert.
Also, make sure to enter the new path for the company file or replace the repaired file with the one currently in the directory recognized by QB.
Need Professional Help?
See Also – Quickbooks Error 6189 816