Sage 50 accounting software enhanced greater insight and streamlined automated operational tasks. It is very helpful in making better business decisions. It is designed for small business that understands the importance of strong financial control in managing their operational task.
Users typically experience Sage 50 network errors when trying to open a company file that is stored on a server computer. Sage 50 generates a network error that reads, “A network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager,” because it cannot connect to the company file.
Although network issues are the primary cause of the error, other potential causes include firewall configurations, corrupt connection manager files, network preferences, and file permissions. Advanced network knowledge is necessary for this solution. For help, speak with your system administrator. Inadequate Windows security changes can hurt how the system functions. If you modify your Windows security improperly, Sage is not liable for any resulting operational problems. Before implementing advanced solutions, always make a backup of your data.
Sage Customer Support does not offer support for problems involving hardware, report customizations, third-party products or enhancements, state or federal tax-related queries, or specific accounting queries. For assistance, kindly get in touch with your network administrator, accountant, or Sage business partner. To learn more about the range of Sage Customer Support Services, please review this document.
Sage 50 accounting software has encountered multiple errors such as Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager which is caused by the shared folder being broken. The user can use the primary system’s IP Address to open the company file to fix the Sage 50 Network Error.
Quick About Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager
|Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager
|A network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager,” because it cannot connect to the company file.
|The shared folder is broken.
|Windows 10 and 11
|The User is Working on different Servers at Once
|Use the Primary System’s IP Address to open the company file & the user must have 2 routers.
Exact Error Shown While User Facing Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating With The Connection Manager
Network error occurred while communicating with the connection manager
Causes of The Sage 50 Network Error
The reason for Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with The Connection Manager error is that the user is working on different servers at once.
Read More in detail below:
- The shared folder is broken.
- It may be that the system is on a different network.
- Due to compatibility issues, Sage 50 2018 Software might not be compatible with Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, or Windows XP.
- .NET Framework 4.6.2 will only work on Windows 7 and higher and Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher.
Steps to keep in check before Starting the Solution Process
- The Windows Firewall has added the Sage 50 Expectations, Check and Verify the Expectations
- The Data Location System or Server should have Sage 50 Downloaded
- Firewall and Antivirus have to be disabled
- System Requirements should be met
- All the Systems and Server Running on Sage 50 must be Rebooted
- The Connection Manager Should be updated to the latest version
Steps to Solve Sage 50 Network Error occurred while communicating with The Connection Manager
To Solve the issue of Sage 50 Network Error Occurred While Communicating with The Connection Manager use the primary system’s IP Address to open the company file & the user must have 2 routers.
For more information read in detail below:
To resolve the Sage 50 Network Error, you need to follow the instructions below steps accordingly:
Total Time: 20 minutes
💠 Click on the Sage 50 and then click on the Open tab for an existing company.
💠 Open the company files.
💠 First check the connection manager that IE is running on the server or not.
💠 Now open the Windows Explorer.
💠 Unclick the option -Use simple File Sharing and select the option – Use Sharing Wizard.
💠 Click on OK and try to open the file again.
💠 Click on Windows Start> Control Panel> Network> Sharing Center.
💠 The user needs to check the firewall settings of both workstation computers and server.
💠 The user can check the permission of the Windows client.
💠 Log in as a different user and go to the firewall.
💠 The user needs to enable the router for file sharing.
💠 Check the network connection and connection speed.
💠 After completing the task, the user needs to reset the network router.
💠 The user needs to open Notepad and click on the file.
💠 Browse the file and click on file.
💠 Switch off the internet connection and check the internet router.
💠 Now switch on the internet connection and the internet router.
💠 Access the data file.
💠 Install the Sage connection manager on the same server.
💠 Also install Sage Connection Manager on that same virtual machine.
💠 After installing the Sage connection manager, check if is it working or not.
💠 Open the company sample and copy the file on their desktop with the new file name.
Install the software and reboot the server.
Now install the complete version of Sage 50 on the server and check the sample works locally and data.
Most booming Sage 50 accounting software is used by maximum users. However, there may be many incidents that your system may encounter with numerous errors and issues, which might not allow the user to complete their important task.
Alternative Solutions to Resolve Sage 50 Network Error occurred while communicating with The Connection Manager
Solution 1. You must first use the IP address of your primary system to open the company file.
- First of all, you have to go to the Sage 50 icon on your computer screen.
- After that, you have to log in and open one of the company files present in it.
- Then you go to the file name and type: the IP address of the computer where the data is stored.
- After that, you have to go to the data file (with an extension of .SAI)
- Then you have to try to open the company file.
Solution 2. When you have 2 routers then
- First of all, you have to remove your additional router from the router cable.
- Power off the removed router by 1 minute (with the cable unplugged)
- After 1 minute plug the cable again into the router and start the router.
- After that go to data and try to access it.
If you can access the data then it means that.
- The IP address ranges of both your additional router and the internal service provider are conflicting.
- The internal service provider’s router is blocking packets through its firewall
Solution 3. The data is kept on top of the virtual machine server.
- First of all, here you have to make sure that the connection manager is installed on the same server where the data is.
- If you find that your data is on a virtual machine server. But here it is not on the real server, then you have to install Sage Connection Manager on the same virtual machine server.
Solution 4. When your company files reside on a standalone computer.
- First of all, you have to make sure that the Sage Connection Manager is in working condition or not.
- You can open any sample file to verify this.
- Copy and paste those files on the desktop.
- After that, the company should try to open the file from the new location.
Solution 5. You have to reboot your server.
- If your computer was shut down due to an accidental error, some workstations in your files may still be accessible.
- In this, you have to reboot both your computer and server.
- After rebooting you have to check whether you can open the file from the workstation.
Sage 50 should be fixed if the troubleshooting steps listed above have been followed. While speaking with the Connection Manager, a network error happened. Toll-Free Sage 50 support phone number to contact the Sage technical support team if you are still having problems or the same error message keeps appearing on your screen.
Why isn’t my Sage 50 accounting connection manager functioning properly?
This message appears when the Connection Manager service installed on your computer or database server is incompatible with the version of Sage 50 Accounting that is currently installed. This may occur if you access or create company data on a computer that does not have the most recent version of the Sage 50 Accounting Connection Manager installed.
How do I resolve the Sage 50 error message?
Check the network connection speed; if the network connection is too slow, Sage 50 will time out and this error message will appear. Configure the router to forward both TCP and UDP ports 13540-13545.
When communicating with the connection manager, what causes a network error?
The message is “While communicating with the Connection Manager, a network error occurred. Please wait a moment before attempting again “would indicate that a firewall is preventing access to a file or files required by Sage 50 Accounting.
Why isn’t the database server’s connection manager installed?
The message “The latest version of the Connection Manager is not installed on the database server” indicates that a Sage 50 Accounting product update has not yet been performed on the computer where the data is stored, whether it is a server or the main computer. Download and install the product update on the server or main computer.
How do I determine the Sage 50 version?
Select Help, About Sage 50 to view the program’s version. Examine the program’s version on both the server and the workstation. If the versions do not match, update the computer that is running the older version.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with Sage Technical Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using SAGE Peachtree (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following Sage (50, 100, 200, Payroll, Peachtree, Cloud, 3X, Impact, HRMS, CRM, ERP, One & Fixed Assets) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- Sage Printer Support
- Complete Sage Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- Sage Windows Support