QuickBooks Error 15102 typically occurs when one or more QuickBooks updates are not successfully installed. This can happen when the updates are attempted by mistake when the computer is not connected to the Internet, or during a power outage. If you are having trouble updating your QuickBooks software, there are other ways to do it. One of the most common ways to update QuickBooks is through the online interface. This is available on most computers and can be done from any web browser. If you are using a Mac, you can use the QuickBooks Update Assistant app. This app is included with the QuickBooks software and will help you update your software without having to go through the online interface.
If you are experiencing QuickBooks Error 15102, you should first try to resolve the issue by following the steps in our QuickBooks Error 15102 troubleshooting guide. If you are using a PC, you can also use the QuickBooks Update Assistant. This app is available from the QuickBooks installation DVD or the QuickBooks website. You will need to have the latest version of QuickBooks installed to use this app.
QuickBooks software is the most widely used accounting software for small businesses. In this article, we will discuss how to fix QuickBooks update error 15102.
- 1 About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
- 2 Why does QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 happen?
- 3 Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
- 4 Do perform prerequisite things before applying the fixation methods
- 5 Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
- 5.1 Step 1: Switch To The Single-User Mode If You’re Using The Multi-User Mode
- 5.2 Step 2: Remap The Drive To A New Letter If The Download Location Is Correct
- 5.3 Step 3: Make Sure That The Location Of The Mapped File Is Correct Or Not
- 5.4 Step 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop As An Administrator, If The Error Still Continuing With Your Windows Vista
- 6 FAQ
About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
|Error Code:||Error 15102||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Once you encounter payroll update error 15102, QuickBooks will display “Error 15102: Failed to reset update”||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||A damaged or incomplete installation, Outdated version of the software||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Symptom:||fail to update the payroll, Slow execution of PC||Possible Solution:||Enable Single User Mode in QuickBooks, Verify Shared Download Location|
Why does QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102 happen?
QuickBooks users encounter payroll update error code 15102 due to innumerable factors like:
- The specified download link is not valid and the shared download option is turned on
- Your QuickBooks software version is not updated
- QuickBooks is running in the terminal services environment in multi-user mode
- You are running the application as a windows administrator.
- If you are using the Windows Vista operating system, you are not logging in as a Windows Administrator, nor are you running the Administrator program.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
When the QuickBooks error 15102 happens, it creates the underneath recorded side effects
- When you fail to update the payroll, that error shows up on the screen.
- You are not capable of downloading an update for your QuickBooks Payroll membership service.
- Slow execution of PC
- QuickBooks hang for a few seconds each time it happens
Do perform prerequisite things before applying the fixation methods
You have to install the latest update by opening your QuickBooks Desktop:
A. Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Initially, open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Next, go to the Help >> Update QuickBooks Desktop
- After that, select the tab called “Update now” situated at the top and then hit Get Updates.
B. Download the latest Payroll tax table
- The very first, open your QuickBooks
- Move to the Employees menu >> Get Payroll Updates
- And then select the Download Entire Update
- Once selected then click on the Download Latest Update.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102
Below are the reliable and appropriate that help you easily get rid of such payroll issues. Once the error gets sorted you’ll be able to download the latest payroll update as well as the QB Desktop update. To do this process, keep the valid or active payroll subscription with your QuickBooks desktop handy.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Step 1: Switch To The Single-User Mode If You’re Using The Multi-User Mode
Switch To The Single-User Mode If You’re Using The Multi-User Mode
Since only one person can access the company file, if you use multi-user mode, it is important to switch to single-user mode. To do this
💠 Go to the File menu in QuickBooks
💠 Press Single User Mode
Step 2: Remap The Drive To A New Letter If The Download Location Is Correct
Remap The Drive To A New Letter If The Download Location Is Correct
💠 First, close your QuickBooks Company file
💠 Next, remap the network drive to a new letter
💠 Now, using a new mapped-drive letter, try to open the company file
💠 Go to the help menu >> Update QuickBooks
💠 Click the Options tab
💠 After that, turn the shared download off and turn it on once again
💠 Verify whether the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter
💠 Once verified then click Save & Close tab
💠 Finally, try again to download the latest tax table.
Step 3: Make Sure That The Location Of The Mapped File Is Correct Or Not
Make Sure That The Location Of The Mapped File Is Correct Or Not
💠 Initially, open the Product Information window by pressing the Ctrl + 1
💠 Look for the mapped path for example: ‘[x]:\[folder name]\[data file name]‘
💠 Once find then write it down
💠 Go to the Help menu and then click Update QuickBooks
💠 Next, move to the Options tab and make sure the information in the Download location should be correct
💠 Also, note that the drive in the download location should be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window if the shared Download is set to “Yes”
💠 Along with that the directory in the “Download Location” must also be the same as the QB Desktop Installation directory and when the shared it is set to “No”
💠 If you find the location is incorrect then change the state of the location and select one of the following
💠 For shared Download: you have to select “No” if “Yes” is selected
💠 Click Save but if “No” is selected for shared download then you have to select “Yes”
💠 After that, hit the Save button
💠 Once done with the above processes then click Close and try to download the latest tax table once again.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks Desktop As An Administrator, If The Error Still Continuing With Your Windows Vista
Run QuickBooks Desktop As An Administrator, If The Error Still Continuing With Your Windows Vista
💠 In the beginning, perform a right-click on the QuickBooks icon and select the “Run as an Administrator”
💠 Click Continue if “User Account Control” prompts you to run the program
💠 After done with that you have to reset the QuickBooks Updates.
What are the different error codes encountered while updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll?
What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15102?
QuickBooks Payroll Update requires numerous system resources to complete the process seamlessly. It requires proper Internet Connection, Access to the Update file download location, and Windows Admin rights. In case, if any of these components miss out then QuickBooks stops functioning and throws back an error. QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15102 is one of the payroll update errors usually encountered while downloading QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll updates.
How to download QuickBooks and Payroll Updates in safe mode?
1. Open your computer in Safe Mode.
2. Re-download the update.
3. If successful, restart your computer in Normal Mode. Then, re-download the update.