As a QuickBooks user, you may sometimes come across an error of not enough disk space. Error messages that you would see for insufficient disk space can be “Not enough space in drive c:\ to extract the package”, “free up space on the hard drive, QuickBooks is running slow”, etc. There are multiple actions that you can take to resolve this issue. We will talk about each one of them one by one in the below write up.
Files that you can delete to free up space in the hard drive for QuickBooks:
QuickBooks generally needs 1 GB of hard disk drive space for running and installation process and 2.5 GB of space for optimum performance. Therefore, one of the foremost actions that you should take is to check for free space left on your hard disk drive. For this, you need to take the following steps in the same order:
- Go on the Windows Start menu on your computer and search for “File Explorer” in the search box.
- Now you have to right-click on My Computer / This PC icon on your computer for your hard disk. A hard disk is usually C: drive of your computer.
- Now for checking up the free space you need to click on properties. It will give you the information about the free space left on the hard disk drive of your computer.
Deleting files to clear up space on Hard disk drive for optimum running of the QuickBooks
After diagnosing the issue of insufficient space on the hard disk drive of your computer, you can take several steps to delete some files and free up space so that your QuickBooks can run without issues.
- Disk Clean up: This helps in the deletion of temp files, emptying of recycle bin, and download folders. For performing this, you need to type disk clean up in the search bar of your computer and select the drive you want to clean and click on OK. You will have to select the file that you want to delete and click on OK.
- Deleting Temp files: For deleting temp files, go to the location of the temp files which is usually C:\Users\Username\App data\Local\Temp. You can now open the folder and select all the files by pressing Ctrl+A and press delete and yes. Now you can install the QuickBooks again to check whether the error is resolved or not.
- Deleting Programs that you no longer use: You can also uninstall the programs that you no longer use from your computer by going to the control panel.
- Upgrading QuickBooks version: If you have taken all the above steps and are unable to resolve the issue of insufficient disk space, you can try and upgrade the version of your QuickBooks desktop to the latest version.
If you need further information or have some other queries in your mind, you can dial a toll-free number and the QB technical helpdesk will help you.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support