QuickBooks Desktop Accounting Software is one of the best accounting software available. This is a very favorite software of entrepreneurs, as well as accounting professionals. The uniqueness of QuickBooks does not negate the fact that it is prone to errors at times.
One such error is the QuickBooks crash com error. This is one of the most common errors that cause the most trouble to users. In this case, it can also spoil the system and important data and it can be seen when Any major updates are launched by Microsoft.
Many users of QuickBooks QB Pro Plus, Premier, or Enterprise, all versions of QB Desktop 2021, 2022, and 2023 face occasional COM Errors crash. The error first appeared in 2014, and this hampers the working of your QuickBooks while opening an email, emailing an invoice or a paystub, opening other transactions or reports.
Those QuickBooks users who regularly use Office tool, MS Excel, or Web connectors frequently encounter the Crash Com Error.
|Error Name:||Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7|
|Error Description:||Crash com error in QuickBooks desktop is one of the most common errors that users face. This error causes lot of problem especially because the software consists of many financial data and records.|
|Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
|Cause:||It might be possible, when harmful viruses or malware attack software., When the QuickBooks elements are damaged.|
|Symptoms:||QuickBooks Desktop won’t respond or work, Windows operating system got frozen|
|Solution:||Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning, Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run|
What is QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
Crash com error in QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most common errors faced by users. Apart from being a feature error, it can also cause many other errors it. Because QuickBooks software holds financial data and records. In fact, using QuickBooks accounting software impacts the business operations of small and medium businesses. This problem can be seen when the user tries to send emails, invoices, paystubs, transactions, and reports. Crash com error can end up in losing unsaved data, which can be very frustrating for QuickBooks users. However, this QuickBooks crash com error can be resolved by some possible solutions.
What Causes Behind The QuickBooks Com Error Crash?
The “Crash Com Error” usually occurs after a major update in Microsoft. It was a familiar error involving QuickBooks 2022 products that resulted after a Windows update. For many users, rolling back of the update helped.
However, more recent occurrences were the result of upgrading to a different version of QuickBooks or maybe just updating or implementing a critical fix on QuickBooks Errors. Another potential cause of the QuickBooks Com Error is the incompatibility of the MS office with QuickBooks.
Below are the main reasons behind the QuickBooks crash.com error Windows 10, 8, 7:
- Windows or MS Office elements have stopped working, missing or damaged, then this error comes across.
- It might be possible, when harmful viruses or malware attack software.
- It might be a chance despite the full software removing the important file of the QuickBooks.
- The communication process of the QuickBooks is blocked by the Antivirus or Firewall .
- Whenever the user is not able to communicate with a client or email service, then can also face this issue .
- When the QuickBooks elements are damaged
It’s advisable to perform these solutions in the order depicted and then re-try the process that triggered the error. If the error occurs, it’s advisable to follow all the steps below:
When Crash Com error appears in QuickBooks?
There can be many instances when you may encounter this error, some of the most prominent of them are listed below:
- When you try to send invoices or open the invoices.
- When you attached any file.
- While you try to save anything.
- When you are trying to open the check register.
- When you opened a report, this error can be shown on your screen.
Solutions of QuickBooks Crash Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7
Here are Various Solutions to Solve QuickBooks Crash.Com Error Windows 10, 8, 7. They are:
- Update your QuickBooks
- Steps to Toggle Email Settings
- How to Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
- How to Add Windows Admin User
- Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning
- Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run
- Update Your Outlook
- Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
- Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
- Create a new Outlook email Profile
Please follow these given troubleshooting steps:
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks
To update your QuickBooks do the following steps:
- First of all, check if you have the latest update available
- To do that open the QuickBooks
- Press the F2 button and check if you have the latest update available
A. How to Set Up Automatic Update
You can set up QuickBooks automatic updates through the steps below:
- Open your QuickBooks go to Help >>> select the option Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Now go to the Update Now tab.
- Click the Get Updates button which starts the download
- After the download completes, you need to restart the QuickBooks.
- When the system asks to install then go ahead and install the update or new release.
B. How to Schedule Future Automatic Release Update
You want to schedule the update you can do it by following the below steps:
- Open the QuickBooks application
- Go to the Help menu >>> choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option
- Click Options tab
- To turn on the automatic update select Yes
- Finally, select Close
C. Steps for Manual Updates
To update the QuickBooks manual do the following steps:
- First of all download the latest updates
- Click on the Start menu
- In the Search bar type QuickBooks Desktop and after right-clicking select the option Run as administrator
- When No company opens screen comes, go to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select the Options tab
- Click Mark all option and Save it by clicking the Save option
- Click the Update now tab and then select the Reset Update checkbox
- Once everything is done click Get Updates
- After completing the updates restart the QuickBooks
- Proceed to installation and click yes
- Once installation completes restart your computer
Solution 2: Steps to Toggle Email Settings
Follow the steps below to Toggle Email Settings:
- Click Start button
- Search for Control Panel and then select User Account option
- To select MS outlook choose mail then select Microsoft Outlook
- Here, you need to select Microsoft Outlook
- At this step, you see the option “ Always use this profile” is already selected, then choose “Prompt for a profile to be used”
- Click on Apply
- Now select option” Always use this profile” and then select apply and ok
Solution 3: How to Run QuickBooks in Compatibility Mode
Follow the steps below to run QuickBooks in compatibility mode:
- Go to your Desktop screen
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select the Properties option
- Now locate the compatibility tab and select the option “Run this program in compatibility mode for”
- Click the dropdown and select Windows OS which you have
- To run this program as an admin choose the option” Run this program as an administrator” box
- At the end apply the changes and select Ok
Solution 4: How to Add Windows Admin User
Adding a new Windows admin user can help fix the Crash.com error. The steps of this process are as follows:
- Click Start button
- Go to Control Panel
- Now add a user with administrator rights
- Log in to the Windows using the new user
- Try to open the QuickBooks
Solution 5: Performing QB Desktop and Company File Fine-Tuning
When a user cannot perform QB Desktop and Company file fine-tuning, follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and update QuickBooks to the latest update available
- Select QuickBooks manual updates for QuickBooks update errors
- Now open the QuickBooks and verify QB company file and check the data integrity of the company file
- Open the file for which QB Crash error occurs, try to email that file
- Now you can try to send some reports or can also email it which checks if the issues still exist or not
Solution 6: Fix MS Office and Windows Update to Run
Sometimes some features of MS office won’t work properly, however it can be easily resolved by just restarting the computer. When they don’t get repaired you can follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the Windows button
- Select Apps and Features options from the pop-up menu
- Now select the feature or Microsoft Features which needs to fix and modify it by selecting the modify option
- Depending on Microsoft versions you need to click Run or MSI Based installation
- Click to Run
- Before repairing check if everything is ok.
- Select Online repair >>> click Repair MSI Based
- In MSI Based you have to first change the installation
- Select Repair option and to proceed further click continue
- You can see the instructions coming on the screen, just follow them, and the repair process will be complete.
Solution 7: Update Your Outlook
Follow the steps below to update your Outlook:
- This can be done by opening Outlook
- Click on File
- Office Account
- Update Options
- Click Update Now
- No check if the Com Error has rectified
Solution 8: Choose Outlook As Your Default Mail App
Set Outlook as your default mailing application and send your transactions from the new email application. Through the steps given below:
- On Outlook go to Control Panel
- Default Programs
- Set default programs
- Select MS Outlook
- Mark as – Set this program as default
- Click OK
Solution 9: Add An Email Account To Microsoft Outlook
If you cannot add email to your Outlook account then follow the steps below:
Issues with the email account can cause problems. You can create a new email account or add an already existing account to Outlook in order to verify the cause of the com error in QuickBooks.
Steps to add a new email account in Outlook:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- From the File menu, choose Info.
- Click on Add Account.
- Input the Email address, then select Next.
- Once outlook connects to the server, choose Connect.
- Input the password to authenticate the connection.
- Then click on Ok, and again Ok.
Now follow these steps to ensure that QuickBooks can connect to QuickBooks error:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to Edit.
- Choose Preferences.
- Click on Send Forms.
- Click on My Preferences and view the list of available software.
- Restart your system so that QuickBooks can recognize Outlook.
If QuickBooks fails to recognize Microsoft Outlook and input it into the preferences option, then you need to perform a repair on QuickBooks Desktop.
But before initiating the repair feature, you can create a new Windows User profile and verify the error once again by running the software in the new account.
Steps to create a new user account in windows:
- Go to the Start menu, then choose Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Choose Family & Other users.
- Click on Add other users.
- Choose Add account.
- Click on “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information”.
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Input the username and password for the new user account.
Steps to repair QuickBooks Desktop:
- Download the setup for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch the setup with an admin account.
- Choose the Repair option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the program.
- Restart your system, then verify that the com error has been fixed.
Also Find : QuickBooks Crashes Again and Again?
Solution 10: Create a new Outlook email Profile
If you are unable to create an Outlook email profile, the user needs to follow the steps:
This will add a new profile but will not delete the old one.
- Close Microsoft Outlook and then go to the Control Panel
- Click on the Mail.icon
- Go to the Mail Setup
- Select Show Plugins
- Type a profile name
- Select OK
- Add an email account to be used in your profile
- Select Always Use This Profile from the drop-down
- Click Apply > OK
Solution 11: Reset mail settings
Simply toggling the mail settings can often fix the crash: com error in QuickBooks Desktop.
Steps to toggle mail settings on Windows:
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Choose User Account > Mail > Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on Show Profile under the Profile section.
- Choose Outlook.
- Choose Prompt for a profile to be used if you’ve enabled Always this profile.
- Select Apply, then choose Always use this profile.
- Click on Apply, then Ok.
You’ve successfully reset the mail settings on Windows. You can try to work with forms in QuickBooks and send the form through the Outlook account. If the operation still ends with com error, then you can go to the next solution.
If the above steps do not help, there are other fixes such as using a Windows feature called “compatibility mode.” When you chose “Run this program in compatibility mode” from QB Properties, some specific windows working behind-the-scenes take to the older mode of operation in the MS operating system which utilizes the older version’s settings.
Crash: com error in QuickBooks Desktop causes the software to crash when the user is working with an online form. The best thing in such situation is to simply go through the different solutions and verify at the end of each one. The troubleshooting process takes time, but if you need help, get in touch with our team.
Hope these steps will rectify the Com Error in QuickBooks Support. However, if you need further support you can contact AccountingErrors for a permanent fix.
Our experts have years of experience in resolving the most stubborn errors in QuickBooks with the help of the right tools that help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue.
Read Also: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Click Here: QuickBooks Backup Error 2108
See Also: QuickBooks Backup Unrecoverable Error.
Why is Crash Error in QuickBooks Desktop happening?
💠Some Windows Components are damaged
💠Corrupted MS-Office components
💠 Email and QuickBooks communication failure
💠Virus or Trojan hampers the sync process
💠Important QuickBooks files get deleted with the virus
💠 Communication process blocks through the firewall
When did users encounter the crash com error in QuickBooks?
💠 Attempt in opening the invoices
💠 Accessing emails to send an invoice
💠 During file attachment
💠 When saving the file or transaction
💠 When users attempt to check register
Can Outlook be the reason for QuickBooks Crash com errors?
Yes, Crash com error may arise due to the outdated Outlook. You have to update Outlook.
Here are the steps:
💠Open the Outlook
💠 Hit on the File option
💠 Choose Office Account
💠 Click Update Options
💠 Select Update Now
Should I reinstall QuickBooks Desktop to fix Com error?
In rare instances, it may be necessary to reinstall QuickBooks, but don’t do so until you’ve consulted a QuickBooks expert. After reinstalling the software, you need to reset user preferences so that you can get back to work. As this may take a long time, going through these solutions is highly recommended.
Can I add Gmail to QuickBooks?
Yes, you can. You can use the webmail feature to add any compatible email account to QuickBooks. And you can make that email client the default for sending all the forms through QuickBooks. You can try to change your email client if you still receive the com error even after going through the solutions given in this post.
Where can I find my customs forms in QuickBooks?
You can find the custom forms in the folder that contains your company file. The customs forms are saved in a separate file, but in the same folder. If you delete or move this file, all the customs forms that you created will vanish from QuickBooks.
Speak to A Specialist about QuickBooks Software
Headache🥺. Huh, Save time & money with QuickBooks Support 24×7 @ +1/, we provide assistance to those who face problems while using QuickBooks (Support all U.S. & Canada Editions)
--- Support - We provide solutions for the following QuickBooks (Pro, Premier, Accountant, Enterprise, Payroll, Cloud) ---
- Error Support
- Data Import
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Payroll Support
- Data Export
- Software Integration
- QuickBooks Printer Support
- Complete QuickBooks Solutions
- Tax-Related Issues
- Data Damage Recovery
- Installation, Activation Help
- QuickBooks Windows Support